Started by the LLL in 1997, the Regular Electronic Giving program known affectionately as REG assists church members to make their offerings in a convenient, secure and confidential way.
REG is an avenue for members to support their congregations, as well as Churchwide and District ministry and mission projects. Many of our members already use REG to make their offerings in support of the Holy Cross mission. If you would like to commence using REG rather than making a cash offering during the Sunday Service, or are an existing user who would like to vary the amount of your present giving, please use the link (1279_direct_debit_request ) to obtain the direct debit request form which you should print out, complete with your details and forward to the LLL at the address on the form.
The article (What shall we give to God ) appeared in the February 2109 edition of the Lutheran. You might like to read it while considering the amount that you are considering to regularly give via REG.
More about REG can be found at www.lca.org.au/REG
Here is a quick summary of how REG works
- REG is a convenient, safe and confidential way of giving a regular offering to our congregation.
- Your REG offering can come from your bank, credit union or LLL account.
- You can set up REG to coincide with your regular income (eg salary, pension, dividends) or budget: weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly or even half-early.
- REG keeps things confidential. Holy Cross doesn’t receive any information regarding your identity or the amount of your offering.
How REG benefits you
- No need to remember to bring cash to church
- If you are away from church, your offering is still made
- You can apply ‘first fruits’ principles
How REG benefits Holy Cross
- Reduces the variability in cash flow, making making payment of expenses easier
- may increase giving through the convenience of direct debits – giving is not reduced in periods of absence of members
- Safer because there is less cash to handle and bank each week